With most sincere thanks to Councillor Doug Greig of the Township of Chapleau, here is the official program for the Memorial Service and Dedication of St. John's Memorial Hall, Chapleau, held on April 9, 1920. The St. John's Memorial Hall is now the Royal Canadian Legion Hall.
Some of those participating in the program as you will see, are Rev. John Nelson Blodgett, Rector of St. John's Anglican Church; Rev. Dr. Robert John Renison, later Bishop of the Anglican Church diocese of Moosonee; Rt. Rev. John George Anderson, Bishop of Moosonee; Reeve Max Brunette, Township of Chapleau; Rev. George Prewer and Rev. White.
An address was given by G.B. Nicholson, M.P,. the first Reeve of Chapleau who was then a Member of Parliament. The hall was built by Mr, Nicholson and his wife Charlotte. Lt. -Col. C. H. LeP. Jones , thecommanding officer of 227th Battalion of the Canadian Expeditionary Force also participated.
Today, 90 years later, Thomas A. Corston, the son of Frances (Jardine) and the late Henry Corston, who was born and raised in Chapleau is the Bishop of Moosonee.
Men O North 227th Battalion: http://michaeljmorrisreports.blogspot.com/2010/10/men-o-northof-227th-battalion-head-off.html
From Parish House to Legion Hall: http://michaeljmorrisreports.blogspot.com/2010/11/ninety-years-ago-chapleaus-royal.html
Tom Corston becomes 9th Bishop of Moosonee http://michaeljmorrisreports.blogspot.com/2010/04/tom-corston-elected-ninth-anglican.html