MICHAEL's EMAIL

WELCOME TO THE MICHAEL J MORRIS REPORT!!!!

EMAIL mj.morris@live.ca

WRITE ME WITH COMMENTS, STORY IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS, INFORMATION REQUESTS. IF YOU CAN'T FIND A STORY, DO NOT HESITATE TO EMAIL ME

Friday, April 24, 2009

More on good sticks, walks in the bush and Memegos family memories

NOTE: Finding "the good stick", walks in the bush and memories of Willy Memegos and his family have brought an overwhelming response and I thank all of you for sharing your thoughts and memories with me. Cindy Mahon Pilon shared her wonderful story about her father and his good stick, and gave me permission to post it. I have also added a few more memories of the Memegos family. Thanks to all. ... mjm

BY CINDY MAHON PILON

That was absolutely incredible. It swept me back in time to being a small child in Chapleau and being out in the bush with my dad, and yes it is the bush!!! My father always had a stick, for as long as I can remember he had a wonderful solid piece of Oak. A couple of weeks before he went into the hospital for the last time, he brought his "Good Stick" out to our home at Kamiskotia Lake and gave it to my son Wesley. My dad passed about 8 weeks later, in 2003, and to this day Wes uses the stick on his daily trecks through the bush.

My father explained to him exactly as he had explained to me about the many sticks we have in a lifetime and how they are not always what we expect but that they are there.

Including the Memegos men also brought me back to being a youngster and seeing the guys all around town working hard. It is a shame that we don't see that type of integrity as often today in people. I do so miss those days.

This piece touched my heart more than you will ever know. Thank you so much for sharing your memories with all of us. We are blessed to have you in our lives.

MORE MEMORIES OF THE MEMEGOS FAMILY!!!!

Bill Hong reminded us that Willy and Baptiste also loved to play hockey, and their niece Anita told us about them playing broomball.

The brothers also used to sweep the events held at the July 1 and Civic Holiday competitions including wins in canoe races, canoe jousting, and I don't think anyone ever beat Willy at backpacking.

1 comment:

Michael J Morris Reports said...

Anite wrote on Facebook:

Wow, that is awesome. I do remember those activities that they so enjoyed. My cousin Leona, after reading your story the other day also mentioned she could remember them always winning in the canoe races. They would pant together in sync while paddling and you could hear them from shore. They were a team for sure. Cindy's story was such a delight ... Read Moreto read. Back in the days of the good ole carnivals, back packing contest was Willy's best. How I missed those days to. Thanks again Mr. Morris for walking down memory lane once again with me and bringing tears of joy to my eyes.

Michael J Morris

Michael J Morris
MJ with Buckwheat (1989-2009) Photo by Leo Ouimet

UNEEK LUXURY TOURS, ORLANDO FL

UNEEK LUXURY TOURS, ORLANDO FL
click on image

MEMORIES FROM CHILDHOOD

MEMORIES FROM CHILDHOOD
Following the American Dream from Chapleau. CLICK ON IMAGE