MICHAEL's EMAIL

WELCOME TO THE MICHAEL J MORRIS REPORT!!!!

EMAIL mj.morris@live.ca

WRITE ME WITH COMMENTS, STORY IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS, INFORMATION REQUESTS. IF YOU CAN'T FIND A STORY, DO NOT HESITATE TO EMAIL ME

Saturday, January 31, 2009

CINDY writes to Bruno Serato 'on high and mighty in castle in the sky'

A note from Michael: As Cindy notes, she is a former student of mine from my days at Chapleau High School more than 20 years ago. Thank you Cindy for your kind words about me. I have invited my students to contribute to the blog, and when I received a copy of her letter to Bruno Serato, I immediately asked her if we could post it here. Thanks Cindy!

By Cindy Mahon-Pilon
Dear Bruno:
Let me begin by introducing myself. My name is Cindy Mahon-Pilon and I am an old friend of Michael J. Morris. MJ was my all time most favorite teacher. He taught me more of life and people than any before or after him have managed to do, as a matter of fact he is still teaching me daily as I read his blog faithfully.

I read the article which he wrote about you with great interest (the first article). I went to the web link which brought me to your wonderful web page. http://anaheimwhitehouse.com/

It is quite wonderful to learn of an individual who is as kind and generous as yourself. I presently have 5 teenagers aged 14 - 19 living with me, so I gathered them all around the computer and we surfed through your website together. We were all touched by your acts of kindness. The 6 of us spent some time after that sitting around the kitchen table discussing how your contributions make a difference within society and how important it is to give back to society when the opportunity presents itself. You Sir are an amazing man for all that you do for the children and others.

I was appalled when I read MJ's blog article regarding the negative feedback that you have received regarding the naming of a room at your restaurant The Barack Obama Room. I have to stop and wonder if even one of those people writing the negative feedback even have a clue what you do for the underprivileged. It seems as if people just always want to complain and judge others while they sit high and mighty in their castle in the sky.

I know that I am way up in Northern Ontario, Canada, but I just wanted to let you know that I applaud you for your actions. You are an amazing human being and way too many people out there are extremely narrow minded and negative thinkers. Do not let them get you down.
Well that is about all for now.
Best regards;
Cindy Mahon-Pilon

Please feel free to comment!

No comments:

Michael J Morris

Michael J Morris
MJ with Buckwheat (1989-2009) Photo by Leo Ouimet

UNEEK LUXURY TOURS, ORLANDO FL

UNEEK LUXURY TOURS, ORLANDO FL
click on image

MEMORIES FROM CHILDHOOD

MEMORIES FROM CHILDHOOD
Following the American Dream from Chapleau. CLICK ON IMAGE